Favorite Spins From My Vinyl Collection

1:59 PM

Hello babes,

About 7 years ago, I bought myself a Crosley record player at Target- (the one that plays tapes, cd's). The first vinyl I bought to test my new record player was Vampire Weekend- you know... the album with the song A-Punk...
Well, 3 Crosley's later and I decided I was not a fan. Some of my beloved records began to scratch and the sound quality and speakers don't do it justice.
So last Christmas, Shane bought me an Audio-technica & I fell IN LOVE!

On this fine Tuesday I decided to share some (SOME) of my favorite vinyls. To be completely honest, it was a bit difficult going through them and choosing 11-12 that I constantly spin and have such sentimental value.


Due to the fear of being sued with copyright infringement, I did not add any music to this video. I should and will investigate if I ever decide to make a video again. What I suggest you do is listen to your favorite song while you watch my first little video that took me about 2 freakin' hours to make. 
I respect all Youtube-ers so much after doing this, haha.

I have had the opportunity to see some of these amazing musicians live (BOB DYLAN FOR EXAMPLE) & of course I tote the record sleeve around so they can sign it if the artist agrees to 'meet & greets'.
Trust me, it is SO worth it!

 

If you follow my on IG, you know my most recent purchase is the Selena- Dreaming of You album.
Any Texan/Latino/Human-freaking-being can agree that Selena is and will forever be QUEEN!
Below is a picture of 6 year old me passionately singing to Como La Flor.
(How do I know this? My mom told me- y mi mamá no hecha mentiras, okay.)
To be honest, I still look like that when I sing to Selena.



Music has always been such a immense part of my life.
I honestly have no preference when it comes to genre and although my style changes, I have always been open to listen to anything that makes me feel any sort of emotion.

I believe that music can tell a story.
I believe that music can help express feelings you can't put into words.
I believe that music can work as a time-travel machine if you are ever feeling nostalgic.

I also believe that music connects people.
I believe music one listens to tells a LOT about a person.
So, if you have any desire to get to know me personally-
 just click this so you can be directed to my Spotify account.


If you live in the Dallas area, some great local record stores I recommend you visit are:

Good Records- (Pictured above)
Spinster Records- David (owner) is SUPER helpful!
Off the Record- Grab a drink (or two) while you're there.

Those are some record spots I have visited but The Dallas Observer has a great article sharing what they claim to be The Best 10 Record Stores in Dallas. I suggest you check it out!


Now, if you could choose a song(s) that can be the soundtrack of you life, what would it be?
I suggest you think it through, create that soundtrack, pop in your headphones & dig through some crates... you never know what treasure you might find.

xxx
liz

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images