Tomorrow is Monday.

3:56 PM

Boy, I had a wonderful weekend. I apologize. I know y'all have been anticipating my next post.


But with all honesty, a lot went down this weekend. I finally saw my little classroom. For those of you who don't know or those of you who haven't read my ABOUT ME section, I am now a Spanish teacher at a little private school. Woot! I feel absolutely blessed to have come across this opportunity. I lived through an entire summer without a job which was terrible. I planned to hunt for a job with flexible hours and decent pay. How very picky of me, but hey... after working for a road side assistant call center who never ever gave me weekends off (I went 9 months without a weekend, ok.) I think I deserve a job where I felt a bit more appreciated. I mean, honestly, would you want an adult yell obscene words at you on the phone when all you're trying to do it help?! I really shouldn't be complaining because that job payed the bills and put bread on the table. So even though I had a job I did not "enjoy" I was still blessed to have it, but I sure have rights on complaining, right? OK, lets get to the good stuff.
How stinkin' cute is this? Obviously there is not much I have to do to the room because there is PLENTY going on in there.

So I dropped some of my classroom material Friday morning and then I went home and did a little resting. Then I got a phone call. My sister was in need of a drink and I kind of rightfully earned a night out. So I called my cousin, asked her if she was dressed, and gave her 10 minutes to be ready.
I tried a new place out that I've been dying to try. The Rustic Resturant which is located in Uptown was a good time! Not only do that have wholesome, organic, savory, farm-fresh ingredients with your meals that you can wash down with a (or some) local beer, spirits, and wine... BUT you'll also have a side of local live music! I had the opportunity to listen to the Dallas local band The O's. Absolutely brought out the atmosphere with their harmonica and banjo. You honestly forget your in the middle of all the buildings with their country/folky music. Ugh... but to be honest. I am still thinking about that mimosarita though. It's definitely a go-to place. (Oh... just a heads up. Plan on breaking the bank)
Saturday night was a good time since we hit up my favorite spot, The Truck Yard. Food trucks, junkyard decor, and booze? Nothing beats that.
Ok, so Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon, Shane and I did a little shopping which was a pain since there was a stampede of high school students getting on those back-to-school sales. Regardless, we saved a buck or two which is always nice.

I am starting working tomorrow, but a weekend like this sure calms my nerves. 

xoxo Liz

P.S.
KXT Live Session of The O's, "We'll Go Walkin"
Check em' out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images